Bytonic Software: "
Jake2 is a Java 3D game engine. It is a port of the GPL’d Quake2 game engine from id Software. To use the Jake2 engine you need either the data files from the original game or from the demo version that is available for download from ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com.
Jake2 uses jogl for OpenGL graphics and joal for 3D sound. Since version 0.9.4 an a lwjgl driver is included as alternative for the jogl/joal combination. Currently supported operating systems are Linux and Windows2000/XP but it should work on Mac OS X as well.
You can download the current development version here. Please send bug reports and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our forum at sourceforge.net.
* pure Java port of the Quake2 game engine
* full playable singleplayer mode
* full featured multiplayer client
* multiplayer server
* demo playback and recording
* save/load games
* fullscreen support
* two different OpenGL bindings (jogl and lwjgl)
* OpenAL sound engine for true 3D sound
whats new in 0.9.4
* multiplayer client and server functionality
* Mac OS X support
* webstart version
* experimental lwjgl driver
* standalone installer
* online installation of Quake2 demo data files
* mouse wheel support
* very fast screenshot function
* memory footprint reduced
Quake and Quake2 are trademarks of id Software.
Jake2 - project page at sourceforge.net
jogl - Java Bindings for OpenGL
joal - Java Bindings for OpenAL
LWJGL - Leight Weight Java Game Library
id Software - Home of Quake2